Friday, May 13, 2011

Space shuttle again (but briefly this time)

I know I’ve already said a lot about the space shuttle, but it never ceases to amaze me, really.

This thing goes into space and back over and over. It gets blasted out there, it travels at speeds around 27 000 km/h or 17 500 mph. It BURNS as it re-enters the atmosphere - and then it just glides in for a smooth landing and comes home looking like nothing even touched it!

Man, I'm going to miss these beauties when they're gone... But what a ride it's been just being able to watch them all these years! :-)

By the way, Endeavour’s last launch is currently scheduled for Monday 16. May at 8:56 EST, which is 12:56 UTC and 14:56 my time. Just so I’ve mentioned it. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my blog and please feel free to comment on anything and everything you see here. I'm always happy to hear from my audience. ;-)